The word SMS is short for “short message service.” SMS marketing is sending messages for marketing to the customers with the help of text messages. These messages can be exchanged between two mobile phones or from someone’s computer to another phone. This is one of the easiest ways to communicate for business. One can even receive SMS online.
Besides, SMS marketing can also engage and communicate with existing customers and bring in new customers. SMS marketing has lots of benefits that one just cannot ignore.
How Effective Is SMS Marketing?
SMS marketing is effective in a lot of ways. Studies have shown that the engagement rate of texting is so high that it is still unmatched. It has an engagement rate of 82%. Furthermore, it has been found that the readers read 90% of the messages within three minutes. Most importantly, customers themselves want the business to utilize this channel and exploit it.
Moreover, according to more than half of the customer base, it is easier to contact the support via SMS, and it’s not true for all the counties. Not just India. Others say they prefer to receive alerts for their order status, appointment reminders, and reservation confirmations via text messages. They also prefer to receive SMS online. It is easier that way.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Sms Marketing For Business?
So, what exactly are the benefits of using SMS marketing? There are many benefits of using SMS for marketing and including SMS services in the marketing strategies of a business. Let’s take a look at the benefits then:
- Personalization- SMS service is pretty personal because it’s sent directly to each client. This also grabs the attention of the receiver as it can be personalized to suit a specific tone.
- Instant results- After sending the SMS, one will instantly see who received it and who didn’t, along with who read it, who saw it, and who responded to it. It’s an easy and hassle-free process.
- Instant delivery SMS has a rapid delivery speed. It gets delivered instantly. It just takes only one second to reach the target audience.
- Trustworthy- SMS service is way more reliable than emails. With emails, people can send shady attachments, but this is not possible with SMS. Moreover, even if the phone is switched off or out of the network coverage area, the receiver will successfully receive the SMS with 48 hours.
- Simple and easy- The process of sending and receiving SMS is straightforward. Because of simplicity, more or less, everyone knows how to send, receive, open and read an SMS.
- Pocket-friendly- The process of sending SMS is very cheap. Furthermore, messages are small, short, direct, concise, and to the point due to the limited number of words.
- Efficient- The process of sending SMS is very efficient. One can send bulk messages to their customers. This saves a lot of their precious time. There is also no need to write each message individually. One can just schedule texts, and they will reach their customers and audiences.
- Straightforward- SMS service is a very direct way of communication. One can use this way to connect directly with their customers and audiences. Other ways of direct contact are direct phone calls and meeting face to face with the customers. But these two can be expensive and time-consuming. With the help of SMS service, the company or the business can directly reach the people.
- Worldwide marketing- Text messages can reach anyone with a mobile phone and a recent cell phone service. The sender can get anyone, anywhere, in just a second. This is because the SMS services are connected between all the global phone service providers and operators.
- Very specific- SMS service is used to send a variety of market messages. Different businesses have different marketing approaches. The only thing they have to do is decide which marketing strategy works best for their desired and target customers.
- Trackable- SMS are trackable. SMS providers offer delivery reports, which makes it easy for the sender to track the SMS and to see whether it has reached the customer or not.
- SMS vs. Email- People tend to open SMS more than they open their emails. Moreover, the receivers might receive unwanted and malicious attachments with emails, so sometimes, they send these emails directly to the spam folder without even opening it. One cannot do this with SMS.
Because of these benefits, services like Temp SMS services prefer to use SMS for their business marketing.
Nowadays, with the increasing use of mobile phones, people are using SMS services more and more. The momentum is growing. For a business, it’s essential to use this opportunity for marketing. This way they can get more and more customers. They can engage and interact with their customers and also can expand their customer base. This opportunity of using SMS marketing is just too good to be ignored.